What's included with installation?
- Complete setup of hitting bay and/or net, mat, and side netting (if applicable).
- Identification of best location for projector installation
- Mounting of projector and projector mount to ceiling
- Unit test with picture alignment and focus
- Launch Montor initial setup and configuration (does not include golf course software installation)
How it works
After you complete your purchase, our team will be notified of your installation add-on. Once the tracking information for your package is set with an estimated delivery date, we will get in touch with you to set up an installation appointment. Installation typically takes two technicians 3-4 hours.
Important Notes of Install
- Additional fee will apply to installs 50 miles outside of a major city.
- The ceiling your projecter will be installed on must be 12' or under.
- Be sure that your room has at least 1 reachable power outlet.
- All work will be completed during normal business hours (M-F, 8-5pm)
- Installers are not responsible for removal of left-over package contents.
**We are committed to doing our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Our network of nationwide technicians now complete a Pre-Arrival Checklist screening for each job based on current preventative measures provided by the CDC. Additionally, the customer signature portion of the service ticket may now be waived.
SkyTrak SwingNet Golf Hitting Net Simulator Package
The SkyTrak SwingNet Golf Simulator Package allows you to realize the dream of playing golf year-long without breaking the bank. We have paired our favorite hitting net and mat with the SkyTrak Personal Golf Launch Monitor to create an affordable and versatile Golf Simulator experience from the comfort of your back yard or living room.
8’ high x 8’ wide x 3’ deep
Set it up in your backyard, in your basement or spare room. SwingNet will fit anywhere you can swing a golf club.
SkyTrak Launch Monitor
- Incredible Accuracy - Using high-speed photometric technology and advanced algorithms, the SkyTrak flight model stacks up with commercial and professional launch monitors that are 5-10x the price.
- Excellent Game Improvement Features - Get fun gameplay features and all the shot and ball data you need (distance, ball speed, club head speed, launch angle, back spin, side spin, flight path, and more)
- Very Easy to Use - SkyTrak is friendly to even the most technologically challenged. We even have a SkyTrak Setup Guide and a friendly support team if you ever have questions.
- Amazing Portability - SkyTrak connects wirelessly to your iPad or PC, allowing you to take your SkyTrak Launch Monitor anywhere!
SkyTrak Game Improvement Software
With the Game Improvement Plan you can practice on your own virtual driving range and get live accurate data for every shot.
The Game Improvement Plan also gives you access to incredible software add-ons like The Golf Club, where you can play world-class courses with your friends and family.
*Read more below about all Recommended Course Software Add-Ons.
1st Year Subscription to Game Improvement Plan Includes:
✓ PC & Ipad Compatibility
✓ Longest Drive Competition
✓ Closest to the Pin Contests
✓ Target Practice
✓ Skills Assessments
✓ Custom weather and course condition settings
✓ Bag Mapping for Club Fitting
✓ Track Progress, Charts & Graphs via SkyGolf Mobile App
SwingNet Golf Hitting Net
The SwingNet is an easy-to-assemble, low profile golf hitting net solution constructed with high quality net and frame materials that is designed to be super-impact resistant. Built for the golfer who wants to practice their game year around, whether that be in your backyard, garage or spare room.
Complete with a convenient carry bag and hanging hitting targets, SwingNet has everything you need to realize your on-the-go golf simulator experience.
Choice of SwingTurf Hitting Mat
SwingTurf offers a realistic fairway-like feel and is easier on the joints all at an affordable price tag. Available sizes: 4' x 5' and 4' x 9'.
We engineered SwingTurf with our customer's feedback in mind. The result is a more forgiving hitting surface that feels just like fairway that's easier on the joints and available in two sizes to best suit your golf simulator experience.
Recommended Course Software Add-Ons:
- If you want to play on courses with your SkyTrak, we recommend getting a Gaming PC and purchasing The Golf Club software for the best overall golf simulation experience.
- If you already have an iPad (or are planning on purchasing an iPad) and do not need multiplayer, the World Golf Tour is a good budget-friendly option.
For more information, see our SkyTrak Golf Simulator Software Guide.
*You will receive an email after purchase with instructions on how to purchase these course software options.
30 Day Buy & Try Return Policy
While we fully stand by every product that we sell, we understand that sometimes you might change your mind or realize the product you ordered wasn't exactly what you were hoping for. That's why we offer a 30 Day Return Policy.
If you decide you want to return an item for any reason within 30 days after receipt of your order, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and we will provide detailed instructions on how to process the return.
Please note, you as the customer will be responsible for paying the return shipping costs of the item(s) in your order as well as a restocking fee.
Once your return item(s) have been received and inspected, we will send you an email notification that we have processed your return payment (minus a 10% restocking fee*) to your original payment method.
*Please note: In order to receive a refund for the item(s) ordered, the item(s) must arrive back to our distribution center in "Like New" condition and must contain all original packaging and accessories. "Like New" means that the items you ordered must not show any visual signs of wear. If items are returned with visual signs of wear, or have any minor issues due to use, items may still qualify for return for “Refurbished Use”, in this case a 40% restocking fee will be assessed. Items that are damaged or are showing significant signs of wear will not be accepted and no refund will be given.
If you decide you want to return your order, please email us at email@example.com with your order number and we will assist you. We want to make this as simple of a process as possible for you.
If the product is damaged, you must make note of it immediately when signing for delivery and send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org the day of delivery. Rain or Shine Golf will pay for shipping defective, damaged, or incorrect merchandise at our cost. Remember to keep all the original packaging for any items that need to be returned. All returns need to be authorized by our customer service department prior to being processed. We will ensure you get the product you ordered, undamaged, as soon as possible. Items that become damaged after use are non-refundable unless specified under warranty.
If you would like to cancel an order, please email or call our customer service team immediately to avoid return shipping fees. Cancellations received before shipment will receive a full refund. Orders canceled after items have shipped will follow our 30 Day Buy & Try Return policy and will be subject to return shipping costs.
Other Return Policy Notes:
- If a certain vendor or product does not support the return policy stated above, this will be noted in the product descriptions or in the product-specific return information.
- All simulation software subscription sales are final and non-refundable
- Rain or Shine Golf only sells to purchasers who intend to use the item(s) for the duration of its economic life. Orders purchased for the specific purpose of a "one time use or temporary use" are not eligible for return under any circumstances. This includes but is not limited to; orders intended for use in a trade show or a conference venue, orders that are purchased by promotional companies, and orders that are purchased by trade show facilitators.
For more information on Shipping & Returns see our FAQ page.
We recommend at a minimum 8.5��� high x 8.5��� wide x 12' deep.
Since ceiling height is usually the biggest limitation, be sure to measure your ceiling height, ensure that it is at least 8' high and ensure you can take a comfortable backswing in your space. Some backswings may be higher than 8' so be sure to check this limitation.
At a minimum, you will need the following:
- Compatible Computer, iPad, or other Device (see FAQ below for device requirements)
- If you are using an iPad, you will need a Lighting Digital AV Adapter to connect your iPad to the HDMI Cable
Other accessories such as ball trays, club racks, alignment sticks, seating, etc. can surely be added. The possibilities are endless to make your golf simulator setup your own.
If you have an iPad and want to connect to a projector:
1) Connect HDMI Cable from the Projector to a Lightning Digital AV Adapter
2) Connect Lightning Digital AV Adapter to your iPad
You can also connect an HDMI between the Projector and a TV to display on a TV.
If you have a PC Computer and want to connect to a projector:
1) Connect HDMI Cable from the Projector to your Computer
If you want to also display on a TV, you can connect an HDMI from the computer to your TV.
We do offer installation on many of our golf simulator packages. If available, an option to add installation will be present above the Add to Cart button on the product page. If not present, than installation is unavailable.
SkyTrak uses photometric technology meaning it uses high-speed cameras to capture key ball data metrics & measurements immediately after impact. This ball data is then fed through SkyTrak's advanced algorithms to calculate flight path and distance all while delivering this information to your iPad, PC, or other compatible device. This allows you to view all of the advanced shot statistics along with the shot simulation within seconds of hitting the ball.
SkyTrak provides all the core sets of data that you need to improve your game. These data points include:
- Total Distance
- Carry Distance
- Roll Distance
- Ball Speed
- Club Head Speed
- Launch Angle
- Offline Yardage
- Flight path
- Angle of descent
While other systems take the approach of providing every possible shot data parameter whether it is usable or not, SkyTrak has narrowed this list down to this list of key data points. Whether you are an amateur or a professional, these data points provide any golfer what you need to actually improve your game.
Aside from taking our word for it, SkyTrak has been robot tested at Golf Laboratories, #1 independent testing facility in the golf industry. Using a variety of shot types, ball speeds, and golf clubs, the results were virtually indistinguishable from the leading commercial launch monitors in the industry across the 5 most important parameters ��� ball speed, launch angle, back spin, side spin/spin axis, and side angle.
With over 10+ years of usage, the SkyTrak ball flight model has been tested thoroughly with robot and human hit testing for measured carry/total and offline distances. Unlike some professional-grade launch monitors, SkyTrak���s ball flight simulations are not affected by atmospheric conditions like wind, humidity, etc. (unless you turn these on in the session settings).
If you cannot afford the SkyTrak and are looking for an alternative golf simulator option, we recommend you look into the OptiShot 2. We have a SkyTrak vs OptiShot 2 article for more information.
If you cannot afford the SkyTrak and are looking for an alternative launch monitor, we recommend you look into the Swing Caddie SC200 or the Ernest Sports ES14.
If you are looking for a slight upgrade in accuracy and are willing to pay a higher price, we recommend looking into the Foresight GC2. We have a SkyTrak vs GC2 article for more information.
- The SkyTrak Launch Monitor
- USB Cable
- Quick Start and Product and Safety Information Guides
- Wall Charger
- Software Access Card - based on your choice of the Basic, Game Improvement, or Tee Off (WGT)
SkyTrak requires 3D graphics support & the following devices are compatible:
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Mini 2 (with Retina Display)
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Pro
Newer Android devices containing Octa-core (or dual quad-core) processors are compatible. This list includes:
- Google Pixel C
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
- Samsung Galaxy S6
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
- Samsung Galaxy S8
Windows 7, 8, or 10
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 GHz or higher
2GB RAM or higher
*Important Note: WGT is not compatible with PC Windows Desktop*
Game Improvement and Tee Off Packages support integration with third-party golf simulation software providers. Compatibility requirements vary by provider. Please visit our SkyTrak Golf Simulator Software Guide for more information.
Please reference the 'Set Up Information' tab for more information. We also created a SkyTrak-focused Set Up & Installation guide which you can view here: https://rainorshinegolf.com/pages/skytrak-setup-and-user-guide.
At a high level, you will need to:
1) Charge your SkyTrak
2) Download the SkyTrak app to a compatible device
3) Register your SkyTrak
4) Pair your SkyTrak to your Device
You can pair your SkyTrak to your iPad in one of two ways:
1. Via a Direct Wi-Fi connection
Follow the instructions in the SkyTrak software application to pair your iPad directly to SkyTrak via its Wi-Fi signal. Your iPad will NOT have an internet connection when connected in this manner.
2. Via a Home Network Connection
SkyTrak can use your Wi-Fi home network to pair with your iPad by connecting to your wireless network router, just like your computer and mobile devices do. SkyTrak will communicate with the software on your iPad through your router. Plus, you will retain access to the internet on your iPad.
You can pair SkyTrak with PC in one of three ways:
1. Via a Direct Wi-Fi Connection on PC
Click on the Wi-Fi signal icon on your PC and select SkyTrak from the drop-down menu, click connect.
2. Via a Direct USB Cable Connection
Connect the micro USB cable to the SkyTrak device and a USB port on your PC
3. Via a Home Network Connection
SkyTrak can use your Wi-Fi home network to pair with your PC by connecting to your wireless network router, just like your computer and mobile devices do. SkyTrak will communicate with the software on your PC through your router. Plus, you will retain access to the internet on your PC.
The Game Improvement Package gives you access to Longest Drive Competitions, Closest to the Pin Contests, Target Practice, Skills Assessments, Custom weather and course condition settings, 5 Camera Views, Bag Mapping for Club Fitting, Progress Tracking & Charts. To us, the upgrade from the Basic to the Game Improvement is a no-brainer for an additional $99.95/year.You can use the Game Improvement packages on iPad or PC. If you are an iPad user and want to play on courses but are not interested in Multiplayer, we usually recommend the Tee Off Package with the included WGT Software. Other popular golf simulator software providers are not compatible with iPads. If you are a PC user, we usually recommend purchasing the Game Improvement Software option to get started and then upgrade to popular golf simulator software options such as The Golf Club (TGC) or e6 by TruGolf. The WGT Software included in the Tee Off Package is not compatible with PC Computers. For more information on SkyTrak Golf Simulator Software options, see our SkyTrak Golf Simulator Software guide.
For an in-depth guide on all Golf Simulator Software options with SkyTrak,��see our��SkyTrak Golf Simulator Software guide.
In order to support multiplayer gameplay with SkyTrak you will need three things:
1) Game Improvement Software Package
2) PC Computer
3) Subscription to either The Golf Club (TGC) or e6 by TruGolf Software - these software options are available for purchase on their respective websites.
WGT does not support multi-player gameplay and is compatible with Apple Products only.
- Always keep the lens clean and scratch free in order to protect the accuracy of the device
- To clean the lens surface, use a damp cotton cloth without using any chemical cleaners
- It is recommended that you purchase a SkyTrak Protective Case for your SkyTrak unit
- Always wait for your SkyTrak to complete syncing before powering down the unit
- Never expose your SkyTrak to extreme temperatures or wet conditions
- Try to never drop your SkyTrak or hit it with a golf club or ball
- Make sure you are aware of all of the compatible devices for use with your SkyTrak unit
- Make sure the battery is fully charged prior to use
|Power LED||Wi-Fi LED||Ready LED||Description|
|Battery is low and SkyTrak is about to power down|
|Direct Connect Mode and waiting for connection to your tablet|
|Network Mode and is waiting for connection with the software on your tablet|
|SkyTrak is fully connected to the application|
|SkyTrak is ready for your next shot|
|SkyTrak is charging|
SkyTrak has designed the simplest method of ball placement on the market today. Simply place the ball exactly where the red laser light is pointing and hit your shot. Please also make sure to follow these tips to ensure proper reading of your shot:
- Make sure the SkyTrak is raised to be level with the hitting surface
- Place the SkyTrak exactly parallel to your intended target
- Use the recommended laser distance of 12
For the best possible experience with the SkyTrak, we recommend using a device with a fast processor and ensure that your internet connection is strong. Most of the time, this will reduce the lag to a few milliseconds.
To further improve internet speeds, some customers have used wifi extenders. Some homes have dead spots and metals that interfere with the wifi connection. The extender should help resolve this potential issue.
While the SkyTrak performs best indoors, it is still completely portable and can be used outdoors as well. The system has an internal battery that lasts over 4 hours of use making it ideal even for the longest of driving range sessions. Some notes on using the SkyTrak outdoors:
- Be sure to avoid the sun shining or reflecting directly into the lens
- Hitting off of real grass could lead to misreads due to divots and flying grass throwing off the launch monitor readings - we recommend hitting off of an artificial turf or range mat surface if used outside
The system has an internal battery providing over 4 hours of use when fully charged and wirelessly connects to your iPad. Outdoor performance may vary in certain lighting conditions. Avoid the sun shining or reflecting directly into the lens of the SkyTrak device. We suggested using it only under cover if hitting on an outdoor driving range.
Rain or Shine Golf was created to serve people who believe golf is more than just a game. Rain or Shine Golf is a place where golfers who are passionate about the game can come to shop for the most exciting products our game has to offer. We always strive to provide the best information, the best products, the best prices, the best customer service, and the best overall buying experience anywhere. This is why Rain or Shine Golf is the #1 store for golf fanatics.
We're a small team and truly care about your experience with us. Unlike the other "internet" companies out there that want just a simple transaction, we are here to help you every step of the way. Aside from the information we provide on our website, we also have a customer service team readily available via email or phone to help answer any questions you have at any time. Don't just take our word for it, see what our customers have to say.
When you call us you get a real golfer on the other line eager to help you out. Whether you are looking for a golf simulator package, launch monitor, or anything else, we truly invest ourselves in understanding our products. Most of the time, there is a good chance we have already tried them out ourselves!
By working closely with a large number of the best brands in the golf, we are given a unique insight that you cannot find anywhere else. Our owners have taken the time to carefully select only the best brands with track records for excellent products. To put it simply, you just will not find this level of expertise anywhere else. We want to get to know the products we sell on a deep level so that we can best serve you.
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
- customer service
The net was delivered in timely manner. The quality was above average although some issues with missing parts. These were replaced with a new full package right away so good customer service. Still waiting on Skytracker unit